Thursday, June 14, 2007

Satan...who art thou??????

I have always felt that the concept of Satan is flawed. This so called "being" is supposed to punish all sinners by condemning them to damnation (in a moderately warm place which I believe is called Hell), an eternal one too. But it is also said that Satan is kinda like an anti-God. So, logically the guy should try to do everything in such a way that opposes God. So, shouldn't he reward those who follow him? I mean loyalty should be rewarded everywhere, right? So it implies that Satan must work for God in order the notions we have to be right. But I am sure that this will be vehemently denied by all.

Or I am right in thinking that all religions evolved to keep the barbaric tendencies of humans in check, while actively making sure that no one questions these beliefs? I say this because most people(as far as I know) lead moderately decent lives in fear of some divine retribution.

Whenever I try to ask devout believers in any religion about these ideas, the retort is always somehing like the (insert name of holy book) is right because it says so in the (insert the same holy book).

To me, that answer is not in any way convincing. But maybe, such matters may transcend all logic and require blind belief. I don't claim to be infallible or anything. These arguments might even be a result of my ignorance as well. In which case I would like "better informed" people to correct me.

This post didn't go quite the way that I intended. Got sidetracked in between. Ahh well, what the heck. I can't type anywhere as fast as my thoughts. It is ironic that while I was typing this (I normally type my posts separately and then upload them whenever I get time) I was listening to some devotional song on TV. Also, in spite of all my questions and ideas, whenever there is a crisis or the opposite, I call upon God for help, thanks or whatever the situation requires. Ahh, well...maybe I should proud of the fact that I am continuing the great tradition of humanity in being an exemplary hypocrite.

Sigh, thats lyfe.

Also...see this...

\Ahh...people quote Wikipedia...I quote Uncylopedia..........

No comments: