Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Great (am)Bush

Nowadays all we can see are rants about how Mr. Bush is stupid, idiotic, a general pain in the ass, so on and so forth. Even yours truly occasionally indulges in what seems to be a global pastime. But what really pisses me off is that most Americans indulge in this sort of sentiment as well....

Now, I am not trying to endorse Bush or anything, but how can the American folks in general voice such outrage against this guy when they are the ones that elected him in the first place? I can understand if this was his first term. But for heaven's sake, this guy was re-elected. These might be the words of an ignorant guy, but still...how the HELL did he get re-elected?

This guy's popularity rating is lower than the temperature in Alaska(poor joke...sorry) and it scares the crap out of me that he still holds the power to autonomously control(i cannot describe the power of vetoing the senate in any other words) the most damn powerful country in this damn world. One who sees the UN fit for imposing sanctions on other countries while it ignores it in other matters (namely, Kyoto treaty, Iraq war, ...hmmm...can't think of more). I don't really think that any democratic system should have a position which can override a sizeable portion of the elected members. The fact that a person who has lost all credibility is able to do this...is wrong.

Ahh...well....who am I to talk about these things, but I don't want to just simply sit watching or hearing all this crap. Well, that might explain why I am typing this in the middle of the night to post it on an obscure blog....

As for the title, I am not that creative at 4 in the morning...hmmm...excuses, excuses....

No comments: