Wednesday, May 16, 2007

License plate no '5' (try to rhyme it with mambo no. 5)

(heard this in the news, can't find any corresponding news article...but still searching...)

A businessman recently paid Dh. 7 crores (around 80 million rupees) to get the license plate number '5'. Now I don't know about you folks, but I think that is a hell lot of money to spend on something to show off. I for one, can't understand the logic behind wanting small numbers on license plates. Surely most people deem it to be a status symbol and all that, but, isn't it pure vanity? After all this, I surely hope that some part of that sum went to charity..

Well, it would certainly simply certain situations....

Officer : "Do you remember the license number of the car that (insert random offense)?"

Witness : "Well yes, actually there wasn't much to remember. The number was '5'.."

(and the questioning will go on something like that...)

I personally think it's nice to have so much money that you can afford to spend it in which ever way you seem fancy. But isn't the guy just painting a huge bulls-eye on himself (in the eyes of criminals)?...

Hmm...now thats something to ponder on....

P.S. I wanted a portable hard disk. If anyone has too much money to spend, let me know. I don't suppose anybody wants to get me one for free...Anyone having too much money?...

No comments: