Thursday, May 17, 2007

April 15, 2007 or GSK day

On this day...I am sure that a hell lot of stuff must have happened. But which piece of news was splattered all over our news channels(I mean Indian of course)? The now infamous Gere-Shilpa Kiss (or GSK in short). I can't understand the furore that was created due to this silly incident. It seems that there are hordes of mindless people just waiting for something small to happen and then unleash their violence on public property. On the other hand, we have our lovely Shiv Sainiks who have justified their acts of violence by a statement that this incident goes against our "Indian culture". Hmm...so I guess, that according to them, destroying public property, unnecessary violence etc. showcases our "culture" pretty aptly.

Yeah RIGHT!!!

On a lighter note.....here is a pretty funny article on the same topic.

(Sigh...I know its a bit too late to discuss this, but hey, I strongly feel that our media and our all these "caretakes of Indian culture" have got their priorities wrong)

No comments: