Wednesday, July 25, 2007

President of India(part two)

Well...the President of India has been elected and everything. Some obscure person got the job. Anyways as I had previously written, I guess that it doesn matter who becomes the President as the post is more of a figurehead.

Don´t get me wrong, I am happy that Pratibha Patil got the job and she shines as an example to the world how far women have come in India. What saddens me is that she was elected as President due to the sole fact that she had the backing of the majority alliance. How many of those MPs or MLAs voted for her due to her qualities? Did it matter at all to them about who the candidate was; as long as they had the backing of the leaders? Did it matter who all voted for her, when it was the opinion of the UPA heads that really mattered?

Anyways...check out this as well....

No comments: